What is Verein Membership?
- An annual financial supporter: 250,- € (monthly, quarterly or in advance) Registration 50,- €
- A time volunteer of (minimum) 4 hours / month (annual average) for Verein-work assistance, administration or programs of SCDG
- A public example of good citizenship/residency and community membership, and unconnected to scandalous or criminal activity and/or behavior (10 years)
- A founding Member within first 30 days or a Partner of year or more which has applied and been approved for Membership
- A participant in most major business decision making processes of the SCDG Verein through researching and voting, including; composition of the board of directors, board and employee compensation packages, advisory board, one-time (non-budgeted) expenses over 3.000,- € and annual purchases over 10.000,- €, the adoption of new major programs and major policies. Members attend annual meeting to vote on the Verein boards, the annual budget and/or temporary measures and other important organizational matters. Members must also be in good standing and current in membership support to participate in voting
- All (non-founding) Members will be placed on a 60 day probationary period. During probation membership can be cancelled with out appeal. In which case all cancellation policies apply.
Involuntary cancellation of Membership
- A pattern of public or private conduct unbecoming of a decent citizen or resident of the community
- Failure to meet minimum membership requirements, i.e., business meeting attendance quota, dereliction of volunteer service, etc.
- Non-payment of membership financial support or service time as agreed without notice of legitimate reason for interruption.
- Behavior which is detrimental to SCDG’s work, staff, volunteers, service users or general public while representing SCDG as a member and/or to the SCDG reputation and/or disrespectful behavior in the service or activities of SCDG or its partner organizations.
- Misrepresentation of one’s self as an SCDG official
- A demonstrated unwillingness to follow the organization norms, rules and/or follow the reasonable (SCDG related) instructions of directors of SCDG programs and or staff while on a service posts and/or assignments.
- A pattern of behavior which is contrary to the organizational culture, operational procedures and/or official policies of SCDG.
- In the event of a cancellation of membership, all Membership benefits are immediately cancelled and no refunds of fees shall be returned after the probationary period is completed.